Help with a Federal Agency
If you can’t get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, my office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.
Residents of the 1st Congressional District of Illinois can contact me for assistance in dealing with federal agencies. In order to better serve you, this form will generate a printable page that you should sign and mail to my office.
Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence, such as:
- Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;
- Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
- VA claim number for a case with the Department of Veterans Affairs;
- Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
- Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security.
The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual’s case.
We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.
* indicates required information.