Accessing Health Care Resources
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) provided a historic opportunity to make health care more affordable and accessible for millions of uninsured Americans. The ACA also brought about significant changes to the health care system. These changes have changed the way many Americans access the health care system and that is why I now want to educate the people of Illinois’ 1st Congressional District about the new law.
The Affordable Care Act is about securing affordable, quality and accessible health care as a right, not a privilege, for every American; yet it is also about wellness and prevention, economic security and entrepreneurship, the well-being of working families and the strength of the middle class. In short, this historic law is about a healthier America.
Below you will find more information on the Affordable Care Act including a short PowerPoint presentation and links to more helpful information.
The Affordable Care Act & You
Where to Find More Information
- HealthCare.gov Hotline for Individuals and Families: 1-800-318-2596
- The Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) Marketplace
- Information on Prevention and Wellness Benefits Available Under the Law
- Cook County's CountyCare
- Health Care Reform in Illinois — What It Means for You
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Please contact my office for assistance with any questions or problems you may have.