Rush to Host Housing Resource Fair
CHICAGO — U.S. Representative Bobby L. Rush (D-Ill.) will host a Housing Resource Fair on Saturday, April 7, 2018 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.at the Kroc Center, located at 1250 West 119th Street Chicago, IL 60643. This free and important event is open to all constituents. Attendees will be able to speak with federal, state, and local agencies about all of the available resources in the community.
“If you live in Chicagoland and are struggling to pay your monthly mortgage, facing foreclosure, need down payment assistance to purchase your first home, or any number of housing concerns, then this event will be a critical resource for you,” said Rush. “There will be a variety of agencies who will be able to guide people to available resources and help ease the concerns of individuals who are trying to keep their head above water or become new homeowners.”
The event will be an interactive opportunity, where attendees will leave having made significant strides towards purchasing a home or remaining in their home. Ultimately, the desire is to:
- Provide counseling services to homebuyers;
- Offer information about foreclosure prevention programs;
- Assist homeowners with loan modifications and mortgage relief;
- Inform homeowners about their rights and how to avoid foreclosure rescue scams;
- Provide guidance for first-time homebuyers and down payment assistance programs;
- Offer Veterans information about veteran specific Homeowner Programs;
- Receive general information about the Cook County Property Tax Appeals process;
- Give all homeowners access to the Energy Efficiency Program; and
- Share resources about the CEDA Weatherization Program
“I encourage all residents of the 1st Congressional District to attend!” said Rush.