Rush to Host Housing Fair
WASHINGTON — U.S. Representative Bobby L. Rush (D-Ill.) will host a Housing Resource Fair on Saturday, April 6, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.at the Kroc Center, located at 1250 West 119th Street Chicago, IL 60643. Attendees will be able to speak with federal, state, and local agencies about all the available resources in the community.
“This free event is intended to provide residents with a one-stop shop experience where valuable resources and information on homeownership will be available. Various housing agencies and lenders will offer one-on-one consultation to assist existing and prospective homeowners,” said Rush.
The event will be an interactive opportunity, where attendees will leave having made significant strides towards purchasing a home, remaining in their home, and receive assistance with the following:
• Preventing foreclosure (up to $35,000 in federal assistance) **
• First-time homebuyer down payment assistance (up to $7,500 in federal assistance) **
• Underwater home mortgage assistance (up to $50,000 in federal assistance) **
• Veterans Homeowners programs*
• Refinancing programs*
• Credit Union programs*
• Grants to assist with property taxes*
• Weatherization program*
• Energy Efficiency program (free energy assessment and installation of free products)
• Credit Counseling
• Property Tax Appeals
• IRS tax law changes for homeowners
• Avoiding financial scams
*Available if you qualify
**Programs ending soon, eligibility required
“I encourage all residents of the 1st Congressional District to attend and I hope to see you there.” said Rush.