Illinois’ 1st Congressional District is home to approximately 40,000 veterans. I take great pride in representing these heroic men and women in Washington and my staff and I are dedicated to helping them and all of our nation’s veterans.
Below you will find helpful and informative links about veterans’ services and benefits in and around the 1st District. If you have any questions or need further assistance receiving your benefits please contact my Midlothian office.
Local Health Care Facilities
- Jesse Brown VA Medical Center
- Auburn Gresham (Chicago) Clinic (Outpatient Clinic)
- Chicago Heights Clinic (Outpatient Clinic)
- Joliet Clinic (Outpatient Clinic)
- Oak Lawn Clinic (Outpatient Clinic)
Vet Centers across the country provide a broad range of counseling, outreach and referral services to combat Veterans and their families. Vet Centers guide Veterans and their families through many of the major adjustments in lifestyle that often occur after a Veteran returns from combat. Services for a Veteran may include individual and group counseling in areas such as Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), alcohol and drug assessment, and suicide prevention referrals. All services are free of cost and are strictly confidential.
Regional Benefits Offices
Regional Loan Centers
National Cemetery Administration Facilities
Mental Health Resources
Health Care Resources
- VA Health Benefits and Services
- Current Federal Benefits for Veterans, Dependents and Survivors
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- National Resource Directory
- Veterans History Project (Library of Congress)
- Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Cook County Veterans Assistance Commission
- Will County Veterans Assistance Commission
- City of Chicago Veterans Resource Office
- Village of Tinley Park Veterans Commission
Veterans Service Organizations
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs maintains a Directory of Veterans Service Organizations. Please see this directory for a complete listing.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I contact the Department of Veterans Affairs?
- How can I get education benefits under the Montgomery GI Bill?
- How can I get medical benefits?
- How can I get information on suicide prevention?
- How can I get a home loan?
- How can I get life insurance?
- How can I get vocational rehabilitation and employment benefits?
- How can I get survivor benefits?
- What drug benefits are available?
- How can I get a copy of my military records?
- How can I apply for a medal, award, or decoration that I earned while in the service?
- What other services are available to me?
- Where can I get more information on Federal benefits for veterans?
- Where can I get more information on Illinois benefits for veterans?
- Where can I get help getting my veterans benefits?