Information for Veterans
Illinois’ First Congressional District is home to approximately 40,000 veterans. I take great pride in representing these heroic men and women in Washington and my staff and I are dedicated to helping them and all of our nation’s veterans.
Below you will find helpful and informative links about veterans’ services and benefits in and around the First District. If you have any questions or need further assistance receiving your benefits please contact my Chicago office at (773) 224-6500.
Local Health Care Facilities
- Jesse Brown VA Medical Center
- Auburn-Gresham (Community Based Outpatient Clinic)
- Chicago Heights (Community Based Outpatient Clinic)
- Oak Lawn (Community Based Outpatient Clinic)
Mental Health Information
- Veterans Crisis Line
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Mental Health Home
- National Center for PTSD
- Vet Center Home
- Women's Trauma Recovery Program
- Give an Hour
Health Care Information
- VA Health Benefits and Services
- Current Federal Benefits for Veterans, Dependents and Survivors
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Veterans History Project (Library of Congress)
- Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Cook County Veterans Assistance Commission
- City of Chicago Advisory Council on Veterans
- City of Country Club Hills Veterans Commission
- Village of Midlothian Veteran’s Committee
- City of Oak Forest Veterans Commission
- Village of Orland Park Veterans’ Commission
- Village of Tinley Park Veterans Commission
- The American Legion
- Disabled American Veterans
- Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
- Military Officers Association of America
- The Military Order of the Purple Heart
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Vietnam Veterans of America
Help Our Veterans and Active Duty Service Members
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affair Voluntary Service
- U.S. Department of Labor Veterans' Employment and Training Service (VETS)
- National Resource Directory Veterans Job Bank
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs?
- How can I get education benefits under the GI Bill?
- How can I get medical benefits?
- How can I get information on suicide prevention?
- How can I get a home loan?
- How can I get life insurance?
- How can I get vocational rehabilitation and employment benefits?
- How can I get survivor benefits?
- What drug benefits are available?
- How can I get a copy of my military records?
- How can I apply for a medal, award, or decoration that I earned while in the service?
- What other services are available to me?
Information for Military Personnel