The following information is for parents. Please contact my office for assistance with any questions or problems you may have.
Learn more about the House of Representatives’ nationwide high school arts competition that I sponsor in the 1st Congressional District.
My office offers internship opportunities to college students interested in learning about the operations of a Congressional office. Internships are available in my Chicago and Washington, D.C. offices.
Resources for district residents who are seeking employment.
Learn more about the Military Academy nominations process. Every Member of Congress, both in the House of Representatives and the Senate, is allowed a total of five appointees in each service academy. For each vacancy, I am allowed to nominate ten individuals.
Learn about the process of locating and applying for financial aid.
For those constituents visiting the Washington, D.C. area, I am pleased to offer this information on local tours and points of interest. My office can also help you make arrangements for some of the more popular attractions in our Nation’s Capital.
Illinois state records for births, deaths, marriages, civil unions, civil union dissolutions and adoptions are available through the Illinois Department of Public Health.
Other Resources for Parents
- Ben’s Guide to U.S. Government for Kids: Parents and Teachers (Government Printing Office)
- CIA Parents and Teachers Pages
- EPA Drinking Water & Ground Water Kids’ Stuff
- FEMA For Kids Resources For Parents and Teachers (Federal Emergency Management Agency)
- Kids in the House Information For Teachers
- Kids Privacy: For Parents and Teachers (Federal Trade Commission)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office’s Kids Pages
- Additional resources (including consumer protection, disaster preparedness, and unclaimed property)
See also: Resources for Students